Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Welcome Home!

Well, on Friday the 25th May 2007, Delilah rolled happily along the A143 to Bury St Edmunds, and finally to her nice clean garage at her new home! (I've moved house since she went for rebuild!)

The drive itself was pretty uneventful, although I'd forgotten what it was like to drive a car with no brakes, that is when compared to a modern car! Unfortunately the weather wasn't very good for the journey, so the hood had to stay on, but I did manage to take her out later that evening with the hood down, which was what I'd been waiting to do!

Overall I am very happy with how the car looks, sounds (that exhaust is fantastic, it really turns heads, and I love the burble!!!), drives (apart from the fact that I have to get used to driving with no brakes!!), and every thing else about her!

The guys that put in the wrench time on her have really done a fantastic job, and the quality of the work is a credit to them, their abilities, and their passion about the Triumph marque.

There are still a few bits that I would like to do/have done on Delilah, but they will happen as a gradual process, and probably over this coming winter. The only major change in her since i brought her home is that as I couldn't hear the music in the car on the way home, I decided to install some speakers in the rear panel behind the seats. Sounds a hell of a lot better, and doesn't look bad either!

Thank you to everyone that has participated in the rebuild of Delilah, and if any of you wish to provide me with your or your full company details, I will happily place some information on the car around the show circuit this year, as I hope to make it to a few over the next few months!

Basically thats it for the rebuild section of the Blog now, but do keep checking back for the few remaining bits that will be done, and also I will be posting the events up that I will be attending here, so if you feel inclined, please pop along to the shows, and you can see for yourself just how good a job these guys have done!

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions, by posting in the comment section of this post!

Thanks to everyone, and best regards,

Stu

No comments: